Chauri Belha Mahavidyalaya was founded by the noted freedom fighter, politician and businessman of Tarwa village, Chandradeep Singh, in the year 1995. Chandradeep Singh was a Gandhian and Socialist leader. Initially, he was associated with the Congress, but in later stages he gave up active politics and remained confined to his educational endeavours.
Before establishing Chauri Belha Mahavidyalaya, he founded in 1948 an Intermediate college with the same name. Both the colleges have emerged as a prominent educational institution of the area.
The college is housed on 10.540 hectare land. It is run by Chauri Belha Mahavidyalaya Samiti, which is a registered society. The management committee of the college is approved by the affiliating Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University.
Seeing the exemplary and self-less work, the noted social worker of the country Thakur VK Singh extended support by donating funds for construction of Arts Faculty building in the name of Late Thakur Jhagadoo Singh. Later, politician Thakur Amar Singh gave grant for construction of B Ed block.
The college has an administrative block that includes principal’s room, teachers’ room, clerks’ offices, library, reading room, etc. Sufficient sports material is available. National Social Service scheme is available and NSS volunteers are engaged in activities like plantation and cleanliness drives.